Effective logistics are a vital link in any organisation’s ICT value chain. No one understands this better than the team at Digital Generation. This is why we offer you a complete, end-to-end logistics service, built around our own well-established logistics capabilities and supported, when needed, by additional services from our long-standing, specialist logistics partners.
For well over a decade, we’ve enjoyed a close working partnership with BRIMA, a leading South African logistics company and the primary provider of logistics services to our clients throughout the country.
By leveraging this partnership, you have access to reliable couriers, specialised distribution, reverse logistics and secured bulk distribution services. We’ve taken care to fully integrate each of these services into our core offering, so you can rest assured that all parcels are recorded, tracked and secured at every touch point in the distribution process.
A logistics offering that:
- Is reliable and trustworthy.
- Adds tangible value to the service we offer you.
- Mitigates the reputational risk associated with delivery failures.
We’re an organisation that relies heavily on logistics reliability and effectiveness ourselves. This means we are very well positioned to identify reputable logistics providers who are more than ready to meet even your most challenging requirements.
We’ve taken care to ensure that all the arrangements we enter into with our external service providers include stringent service level agreements, supported by ongoing client satisfaction feedback.
When it comes to internal logistics, we have a project management logistics team devoted entirely to managing client-specific requirements. This ensures we can maximise efficiencies and cost effectiveness without compromising logistics quality.
At Digital Generation, we are committed to maximising value across the full lifecycle of the IT products and solutions we provide. A key component of this value enhancement is our reverse logistics offering that serves the multiple purposes of:
- Collecting and recycling, or correctly disposing of, items that have reached the end of their lifespans.
- Ensuring the prompt collection and management of product returns from departments or clients (including collections of faulty items or out-of-box failures).
- Obtaining client feedback to ensure the improvement of future product and service offerings where needed.
- Efficiently returning unsold products to manufacturers to be reconfigured, broken down for use in new products, reassembled or recycled.
As with all our offerings to you, our approach to reverse logistics centres on increasing the speed of production, reducing costs, delivering exceptional client experiences and maximising sustainability throughout the product lifecycle.